- A. The Second Foundation: The Anthropological Foundation
- 1. What the Bible Says:
- a) Man is a ___________ Creation of God
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
- b) Man Was Created to ____________ With and To Worship God
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth
- c) Man Was Created ________ to a Holy God
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man’s brother will I require the life of man. 6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
- d) Man Was Created In God’s ___________ - But He is not a god…
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- 2. The Enemy’s Tare - Evolution - Started with Charles Darwin (1809-1882)
- a) All Life Forms Developed from Earlier Forms
- b) Man is Just another Advanced Animal
- c) Your Closest Distant Relative Looks a Lot like a Monkey…
- d) The Theory of Uniformitarianism - Existing Physical processes occurring over long periods of time account for all past changes necessary to support the Theory of Evolution